I'm a SAHM..Ever since my #2 arrival, me and my husb always quarrel and quarrel infront of my #1 who is 33mth and also #2 even tho #2 still don't understand... i always told my husb not to quarrel infront if the kids but he always don't want to listen... sometime he even can me names infront of the kids.. i feel because of my husb quarrel infront of my kids, #1 seem to lost respect to me and become bad tempered etc etc.. what should i do? Sometime i feel i want to give up living, give up in this marriage.. what should i do so my kids won't lost their respect to me and won't follow their father footstep?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What are the issues that you and your husband has been arguing about? I would suggest going for marriage counseling if you and your husband is open to the idea. This may help to tackle any underlying issues that may be causing the rift in the marriage, and also help improve communication between the both of you. Otherwise, you can also try explaining things to your children. Explain to him/her why daddy mummy are quarreling and how sometimes things said during the argument is not a true reflection of what the other party mean. Children learn from modelling, especially after their parents. If you cannot change how your husband is behaving, explaining to your children and setting yourself up as a role model may still help. Take care!

Read more