What To Look Out For During First-time Pregnancy

Hi I'm a new mum, just tested positive last night. May I know what to look out for in terms of food intake and also when to go for my first check up? Also, I realised I have been breaking out on my face these few days, is it true when they say that when you breakout your baby is a boy cos the hormones clash? TIA

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Not necessarily. I had breakouts during pregnancy but it turned out my lo is a girl.:) Can go for first checkup from 6 weeks onward. Start to take folic acid daily the moment u know u r pregnant. Avoid raw food and minimise intake of coffee or tea to 1 cup per day at most. Other than that, have a healthy diet rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins. Also take food rich in iron and calcium.:)

Read more

Congratulations! Just eat balanced, healthy meals. Don't eat any raw fish or soft cheeses. You can check out the food feature here to know which foods are safe to eat during pregnancy. As for the pimples, it is most probably due to your hormones changing and highly unlikely a determining factor of the gender of the baby.

Read more
Super Mum

not sure abt breakout. im currently 22weeks preg and so far, rarely have pimples popping out . more like 2 times only for the past 22wks. pimple scars lighten faster than when i wasnt preg .

Hi, if you tested positive a week after you'd missed your period, you can fix an appt with your gynae for further prenatal tests. She can advise what supplements to take too. Good luck!

hormones yes,, you have to see gynae and get folic acid supplements. don't eat anything raw, or undercooked items (salad,, medium steak,, soft boil eg,,, at least i didn't eat them lah)

Congratulation and welcome to the club. Hmm just eat normally dont have to think of diet. food have to cook well done and vegetables have to be clean.

Breaking out is not true for me. i have breakouts for both pregnancy and i have 2 girls. Take folic acid and just avoid any "cold" food.

no raw food, take folic supplements. usually, can go for 1st gynae check from from 6 - 8 weeks. congratz!

VIP Member

Avoid raw food. Drink alot of water. Careful during first trim.. look for a gynae go for regular check up

Don't consume raw food.