Help with night feeds

I’m a new mum and me and my husband are handling baby’s night sleep together. There’s a couple of questions which i would like to ask… 1) when its time for feed and baby is still sleeping, do you wait for baby to wake or just wake baby up for the feed? 2) baby doesn’t like to latch and is drinking every 3 hours. Managing my 3 hourly pump at the same time while preparing for baby’s bottle feeding is stressful. What should i do to better manage this? 3) when does the feeding interval increases? From 3 hourly to longer? #1stimemom #advicepls #nightfeed

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) you can let them sleep, they will wake up when they are hungry. 2) i pump every 2 hours, preferably one hour before his milk time and store it inside fridge. So i can increase my milk supply and also to have standby milk supply in fridge. It is crazy, but hopefully your husband will help around too. Continue to try to latch your baby if you want to bf for a long time. My baby refused to latch when he was a week old and suddenly wants to latch when he turned 2 months old. 3) the feeding interval will increase when your baby grows. As their tummy can store more milk. Just follow their cues. Especially during their first 3 months due to the growth spurts, it can be unpredictable. 🤙🏻

Read more
3y ago

Welcome! Hope your family is well!

VIP Member

1. Baby are v clever! They will wake up and cry for milk when they want! 2. You just pump even when baby is sleeping 3. It’s up to baby! A lot of FTM will follow schedule but after that you’ll realise it’s useless cause baby are unpredictable! Just follow your baby’s cue! I’m a FTM and I never ever had a schedule I’m not pumping! Full on latching! My baby want milk I just latch dont want them dont want! All I do is watch out for baby’s cue!

Read more
3y ago

During the night I sleep with baby so I’ll only wake up when she whines lor!