Spotting alarm

I’m in my week 6. Suddenly one night after dinner, I came home with coffee brown stain, you know like your tail end of menses. I contemplated between staying calm to wait till my first gynae visit in 4 days time (coz I read that spotting may be common) or to go to A&E (In case it means something bad). I decided to go to A&E instead and the nurse called my gynae over after hearing my concern. So my first meeting with gynae happened at A&E instead of his clinic! Long story short, he commented that it was a good decision to go to A&E when unsure because wondering won’t help. Check up gives a peace of mind. He checked and showed me the sac thru u/s scan. But he also commented that the black dot seemed a little small for week 6. Might be a late bloomer or not developing well :( He gave me duphaston to help support pregnancy and progesterone jab (damn painful) to help with uterine lining or something. We agreed that we will postpone our gynae visit to another week and see if the baby grows bigger. Gynae was assuring though he laid out the potential outcomes, good or bad. So first time mommies, best to make a trip to clinic when in doubt!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, glad to hear that you went ahead.. did you have any cramps? Our gynae visit is only 7 days later but now we’re worried about my cramps (at times sharp pain). Decided to go to another gynae instead to check first (our gynae is overseas). Hopefully all is good

Read more
2y ago

Thank you!! Hope your next visit will be good too!! Luckily you went.