Pregnant and flying.

Hi all. I'm in the early stage of my pregnancy. I'm not too sure how for along I am because according to my LMP, I'm supposed to be 10 weeks. I've gone in for a scan because I've been having quite frequent spotting and one time, it was with severe camps. The gynae said he couldn't see anything but the pregnancy sac in the womb with no signs of a fetus yet. So he said I'm probably about 4-6 weeks and the spotting could be a sign of threatened miscarriage. I work as a cabin crew and I'm wondering how far along should I continue to work until I declare to my company that I'm pregnant? Any advice please?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it's a telling sign for you to stop working especially as cabin crew. Long haul flights, long hours of standing , squatting and high risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Air quality in the flight is also not as good. inconsistent sleeping and diet pattern. Nevertheless, your Gynae will be able to give you the best advice.

Read more
5y ago

Thank you for your advice. I'll definitely ask my gynae when I come in for my appointment next week. 😊