Gastric Problem and keep feeling nauseous

i'm in my 9 weeks pregnancy i keep having gastric problem at night and i can't slp well. When i wake up in the morning i feel like puking :( anyone has the same symptoms as me?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At week 10 and feeling heartburn for the past 3 weeks. I am not sure if heartburn and morning sickness are linked. I wake up in the morning and feel like puking after 5 mins into the day, but I didn't vomit at all despite feeling nauseated. Experiencing reflux, discomfort right below my chest and like something stuck in my throat. Everything I eat seems like lingering on my tongue and very dry from swallowing saliva. Can't eat much when hungry, can't don't eat too. Saw people suggesting gaviscon too! So I went to buy gaviscon ytd and it really helped! I bought "gaviscon double action" and it helped the stomach part for awhile. Husband went to check and saw that gaviscon website suggests for pregnant ladies to get "gaviscon advance" instead due to the lower sodium contents.

Read more
Post reply image
2y ago

Yes babe I bought the double action kind coz don’t know which one to choose mah. Tks for sharing. I will buy again the “advance” from Watsons . But I don’t plan to take it daily coz I scare , so if my gastric really bad then I will take 1 sachet.

Hello, I’m at week 6 and am already experiencing this. The only thing I can stomach is soda crackers. Maybe you should try too dear. I always eat 1 cracker upon waking up to kick start my stomach for the day haha and I think it’s working for me. 😁

2y ago

sure thanks :)

Same here babe, I’m currently in week 12 plus, still having the same as I’m in week 7-9. Super bloated daily and no appetite, I saw some mummies posted to try Gaviscon, but I have yet to try too.

2y ago

Babe I went to purchase Gaviscon the double action X 5mg 10 packs ( got 2 so I anyhow choose) , it works for me sia…. I feel much better don’t have the something block at my stomach or below the chest feeling at night when I sleep. U check with your OB again ya.

I am at week 9 too. When I feel nausea, I drink warm soy milk and it works for me. I feel as long there's some food in the stomach, I feel better. Hope you will feel better soon!

2y ago

Yep! Had it throughout my 1st tri. Nauseous throughout the day and gets worse when im hungry. Try to eat small meals before you get hungry!

2y ago

thanks :) i feel terrible i ate abit i feel bloated :( i nvr really eat as i had no appetite :(

I was given Gaviscon chewable tablets by my gynae for my gastric too. It works fast and helps!

2y ago

ok thanks :)