How soon should you try to conceive after a miscarriage?

Hi, I’m having a miscarriage and will be undergoing DC next week. Wondering how soon should I try to conceive after I’m done with my mini confinement? Gynae said I can always try after 1 complete menstrual cycle but I heard it’s better to try after 6 months. I’m also afraid to try again because this is my second miscarriage... Anyone tried to conceive after miscarriage and had a healthy pregnancy? If yes, how long did you start to try for baby after the miscarriage? Thank you!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls wait until 6 mths. Let your body completely heal inside. Take confinement foods, do full body massage. Let your body heal and well. It's gd that you opted for D&C. Faster and all the remnants inside will be emptied out. It took me 13 mths to move on from my traumatic miscarriage and to my surprise, I found out I am pregnant on June. Currently in 2nd tri. I've had 2 miscarriages too throughout my marriage and both came out naturally. I took confinement foods. I put myself on bed rest. I did not carry or lift heavy things. I grieved as long as I want. I did not even bother to try after 1 or 3 cycles. I let myself heal first, that's priority to carry a healthy baby. I'm so sorry for your loss. But pls know that you're not alone. Rest well & heal well ❤️

Read more