Foods to avoid during early pregnancy?

Hi I’m a FTM, just found out I’m a bout 5 weeks pregnant. I haven’t scheduled a doctors appointment but have been trying to be more conscious of foods I eat. But everytime I google something, even if it’s a fruit, there’s a lot of different answers and that causes anxiety. Is it true we should steer away from certain heaty or cooling foods? I have stopped drinking coffee or tea, and started taking my fish oils and multivits. #pregnancy #FTM

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats! Google is scary! I avoided caffeine until 2nd tri , my gynae also said just avoid too. I would also check the app too. Oh and herbal things I also just avoid. I did cave in and took soft boiled eggs once or twice and ate sashimi once in japan… but mostly avoided these and didn’t have steak too cos I like it medium rare. it’s your comfort level and whether it’s from a reputable place or not :) I have a friend who took soft boiled eggs and ate medium steak often when she was pregnant. I would say first tri just to be safe avoid anything possibly “risky”. I even just avoided grass jelly/ cold drinks etc cooling things but I have friends who still drank cold water every day

Read more
1mo ago

Thank you :) I’ll be safer and avoid those in the first tri too