baby skill

I’m a first-time mom, and my baby is now 7 months old. I’m curious to know what skills are typical for babies in the 6-9 months age range. I want to make sure my little one is on track and to know what milestones to look forward to. Could you share what your babies were doing at this age? Things like motor skills, cognitive development, and any cute or surprising abilities they started to show. I’d love to hear about your experiences and get some insights into what’s considered normal for this stage.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on your little one reaching 7 months! It's such an exciting time as they start to develop new skills and show more of their unique personalities. At this age, babies are usually starting to show a lot of progress in their motor skills, cognitive development, and social interactions. In terms of motor skills, your baby might be able to sit without support, roll over in both directions, and start to reach for and grasp objects. Some babies may even start to crawl or scoot around on their tummy. You can encourage their motor skill development by providing plenty of opportunities for tummy time and offering them safe, age-appropriate toys to explore and play with. Cognitively, your little one might start to become more aware of their surroundings, show interest in looking at themselves in a mirror, and respond to their own name. They may also start to babble more and try to imitate sounds and gestures. Reading to your baby, talking to them, and playing simple games like peek-a-boo can help support their cognitive development. As for their social and emotional development, you might notice your baby becoming more attached to familiar people, showing signs of anxiety when separated from you, and displaying a wider range of emotions. They may also start to show some early signs of understanding cause and effect, such as dropping objects to see what happens. Every baby develops at their own pace, so don't worry if your little one isn't hitting every milestone right on schedule. But if you have any concerns, it's always a good idea to discuss them with your pediatrician. Enjoy this special time with your baby, and cherish all the adorable and surprising things they'll start to do! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more