Sleeping issues during pregnancy

Hi all, I’m currently week 16+. Since first trimester, I have sleeping problems, keep waking up in the middle of night. Sometimes due to need to pee, sometimes leg restless/cramps or just auto wake up. Recently during second trimester, it has become a daily norm to wake up several times at night. 😫 anyone has similar issues and any tips to improve sleep? #advicemommies #pleasehelp #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m in second trim also. For me I try to tire myself out in the day. At work and take walks to tire physically, talk to ppl and use brain a lot. Very tired at night now I can barely wake up for work the next day.

Hmmm sorry not to break it but itll get worst esp in third trimester. Sleep deprivation doesnt start when baby is born, it starts in 3 rd trim🥵 leg cramps, need to pee etc is very normal cannot avoid.

As bad as this sounds, you’re still in the honeymoon stage. Sleep gets harder once you enter the third trimester and peaks when the baby is out. My baby is 10mo and I’m still sleep deprived.

I try not to drink water about 2hrs before bed. And do 30mins of prenatal yoga + stretches. This helps tire me out and the stretches help w cramps tremendously.