Hospital leave

Im currently under KKH, will be changed to private gynae at 35 weeks, still under KK. Those mummy that got HL before their EDD from their gynae, were you given from the date of your visit or the start date of HL was be given in advanced ? Like the start date of HL is a week after your hospital visit #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I requested for a week in advance as I still had to prepare for my handover for work a week prior to my HL (Gynae went ahead with request). Many mentioned that it’s easier to get HL at private clinics as compared to govt but it was not the case for me. I was having contractions at week 34 and also showing early signs of labor but gynae refused to give me HL because she said I’m fit to work (from home on a computer) despite me telling her that my body was in pain. Eventually I went home with only 2 days MC.. and the week after, my contractions were getting too frequent hence I emailed the gynae / front counter to request for HL, but was only given 2 weeks of HL although my csect was scheduled 3 weeks later. So i had to still apply for my annual leave for the last week before surgery.

Read more
9mo ago

I guess it really depends on the gynae, your job scope and medical conditions too. My SIL also didn't get HL at 34 weeks despite having low lying placenta as she has the option of WFH. She was only granted at 36 wks. For me, I got frm 33 weeks as being a teacher to young pri sch students I need to be on my feet for at least half of the day exc CCA and any other afternoon classes. My blood pressure was also on the high side and had very bad edema.