Induce or Elective C-Sec at wk38?

I’m a FTM, currently in wk 32 and my baby is not in breech position. I have risk of pre eclampsia and also GD and thus my gynae wanted to induce at wk38. She explains to me the induce process & the risk that may happen during the labour that may lead to e csect. So, I’m in a dilemma whether I shld try induce or opt for elective csect (as there’s is so many “what if” that can happen during the labour). I would like to hear ur experience of induce and also ur advice . Thank you . Update: 31/5/21: I had pre eclampsia at wk34, warded for 2 weeks, induced at wk36. From induce to give birth is 12hours. I guess I was lucky. My baby is alrd 1yo now ☺️

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was induced and successfully dilated to 10cm, however baby is in occiput posterior position (OP), or posterior position, a sunny side up baby is a baby positioned head down but facing mom's abdomen, so the baby's occipital bone (the skull) is against the back of your pelvis. Hence, is unable to deliver naturally. Eventually, have to undergo E-sect. Hubby is not allow to be present for e-sect. Personally, if I have to go through Labour again, I will go for elective c-sect to save myself the traumatic experience of undergoing 30hrs of induction for nothing. But thinking back, I experience both ‘natural’ and c-sect birth in a sense. Thus, have no regret in life😅

Read more