Chamging from bottle feeding to direct latching

Im currently bottle feeding my bm to my LO and am thinking of changing to DL once my supply is in line with his demand. Reason why Im not DL now is cos 1. My supply is way more than demand 2. I've tried DL for 2 nights and pump out the excess but resulted in clog Have any mum attempted bottle feed for a long time then changed to DL? Was it successful at one go or take quite a while as child is so used to bottle teats?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I am a oversupply mum. I bottle feed during the day and nurse during the night. initially I got to pump after latching. at about baby 8 months my last pump is at 9pm and I can nurse without pumping till morning. but when baby is at 12 month old she's rejected bottle and want to nurse from then only direct latch baby now 17 months. it's disasters to me i can't do anything and wasting alot of time. baby will get used to nursing will suggest you don't. try to bottle feed in the day.

Read more
Super Mum

I was undersupply for the first 3 months but i managed to switch from bottle feeding to fully direct latching, so I belive this method would work for you too. i bottle feed baby with half her usual feed and let her finish off by direct latching. my LO is 13mo now and bottle fed at infant care during the day and direct latch at night.

Read more
VIP Member

My LO was bottle-fed with EBM for the first 2 months as she didn’t know/like to DL. Switching to DL after that wasn’t easy; it was a struggle 😅 But eventually, my LO just naturally took to DL-ing.

🤔