Blood while shitting

Im currently 26 weeks pregnant, going 27 weeks. So before my pregnancy I already have constipation . So during pregnancy I can shit once a week or 1 time in 2 weeks. For the past 3 weeks (every week shit once) when I shit, there’s blood. And is look like quite alot of blood at the toilet bowl . Kind of worried . My next consul in 2 weeks time. Any of this happened to any mummy or pregnant lady? *theres no blood or bleed coming from my vagina*

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also experienced the same thing at around the same week as you. I drank water and eat fruits cause my stool was hard. Went for my monthly checkup and told my doctor, she wanted to give me medication but I rejected because after eating fruits and drinking water, everything was fine, no blood during pass motion. Maybe you can try first and if matters continue, you should inform your doctor.

Read more

I am currently 19 going 20 weeks. I have blood too when I poop. like fresh red blood. but only when I poop.. but I go to the toilet in normal frequency as compared to before pregnancy.. is there an issue too?? what did ur doctor mention?

VIP Member

I had very bad constipation during my pregnancy joourney too! Your gynaecologist will be giving you some meds but in the meantime drink lots of water, veggies like broccoli, tomatoes etc. Try drinking Yakult too take care!

My gyn recommended my fybogel sachet this is basically contains fiber.. i have taken 1 per days really helpful. You can buy it from watson. I was in similar condition like u.. take care

VIP Member

Might be piles! It's v common during pregnancy. Let your gynae know during the next visit but if bleeding is v bad, please consult a GP/gynae right away.

I took prune juice to help me with my bowel movements during my pregnancy and ate more vegetables and fruits and most importantly drink lots of water.

Could be piles too. Drink more water and take in more fibre. Don’t worry so much

Drink more water and eat more fruits