Is that baby movement

I’m currently 17 weeks pregnant, and my gynae told me that I won’t be feeling any baby movement at the moment. Recently I’ve been feeling some slight pain from the right side of my tummy. It’s gentle pain not severe, and when I touch it or rub it it’ll go away. I can even feel my stomach having this churning feeling but it’s not tummy growling for food. So I’m wondering are these movement from baby. Does anyone of you have the same feeling too?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like round ligament pain. It's normal to have that as the uterus grows and stretches. Like you mentioned, it does go away and it's usually not too severe. As for your baby's movement, it's possible to feel some flutters! I first felt flutters at 18 weeks. It was like something bubbling. It'll get more obvious as your baby grows :)

Read more
Super Mum

It could be baby movement! Different people feel it at different times but 17 weeks should be possible. I believe I felt something at around 14-15 weeks but very subtle. A few more weeks it will feel more obvious then you will know for sure.

Baby movements doesn’t hurt. You’ll feel like gas popping and then flutters. First pregnancies can’t be felt within 16-25weeks or later, depending on your body. Listen to your gynae.