I'm breastfeeding mummy. May I know which fish oil supplements are baby safe? which type of fish oil or ingredients I should avoid? Heard that some of them might contain high mercury. Any recommended brand?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fish oil supplements contain very little, if any, or no mercury at all. You can take fish oil supplements to help provide your baby with the omega-3 fatty acids he needs; in doses of less than 3g but if unsure, ask your doctor before taking any supplement. You can consider taking a multi-vitamin meant for breastfeeding that contains fish oil. This way, you can ensure that you can get the optimum amount needed. The Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold provides an ideal daily dose of 20 important nutrients for mother and baby including folic acid, iodine, vitamin D3 and odourless and concentrated fish oil, rich in DHA for baby's brain, eyesight and nervous system development. You can get it at Watsons or any other pharmacy, retailing at about $60. http://www.watsons.com.sg/Product-Categories/Health/Health-supplements/Vitamins-%26-general-supplements/Pregnancy-%26-Breastfeeding-Advanced-120%27S/p/BP_37335

Read more
Post reply image

I took Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-feeding Gold too during breastfeeding as it contains nutrients which include fish oil. Also, I tried to eat more salmon fish during breastfeeding.

I am taking this cod liver oil from Scott. Safe for breastfeeding mummy and child.

Post reply image