Plus size FTM when to feel baby movement ?

hello! i’m around wk19 now. i’m UK20. most mummies felt their baby movement during wk18-wk21 hehee. have yet to feel baby movement. was wondering if plus size mummies will take longer than usual to feel baby movement? 😜 thank you 😍

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry too much. I’m plus size too, 100kg standing at 160cm. This is my 2nd pregnancy and they say you can feel baby movements earlier, as early as 11 weeks but I only felt stronger baby movements at Week 21 onwards. Don’t forget there’s a possibility that your placenta might be cushioning the movements too. Maybe you might have missed it cause it feels like bubbles popping, you can easily mistake it as gas. After which it will gradually get stronger, some days you might feel it, some days you will feel lesser of it. Soon you’ll even know when baby is having hiccups as the movements are more rhythmic. You’ll be able to see the “wave” on your tummy as baby moves. Enjoy your pregnancy cause once you pop, you’ll miss every single bit of it. My first pregnancy I felt bubbles popping at Week 17 then suddenly at Week 22, I felt almost nothing and was super worried but it’s pretty normal on some days you will feel lesser movements. My baby girl came out 3.7kg. :) Take care Mummy and eat a well-balanced meal too. Control your sugar intake as your OGTT will be in 10 weeks time or less. ❤️

Read more
2y ago

thank you for sharing hehee 😍 hehee so nice of you and i feel better upon reading your sharing 😊 thanks a lot !

I’m not really plus size but I’m overweight. I felt my baby strong movement at 22 weeks plus. Maybe around 20 weeks already can feel bubble feel but not noticeable to me. 😅

2y ago

hello hehee ok tq for sharing 😍