I'm almost done with the first trimester & I'm wondering if it's still okay to continue to breastfeed my 21 mons old baby while I'm pregnant?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, you still can continue to breastfeed your baby while pregnant as the oxytocin hormone released during breastfeeding is very minimal to trigger contractions. Hi, i am currently pregnant with no.3 and no.2 was still latching on until i was 5 months pregnant due to milk dried up totally. This is due to hormone changes in our body while pregnant. I experienced the same thing when I conceived with no.2 where my milk also dried up while nursing no.1. Some people will not experience this though and it's depend on individual. I managed to wean my son last month because I find it uncomfortable to latch on despite no milk flow. I suggest you can try to continue to latch and see how it goes. You may want to read up tandem breastfeeding in case need to latch both kids after the baby is here. For me i have no choice but to wean off due to milk dried up.

Read more
VIP Member

I’m still breastfeeding my 31 months old girl also. Was told to stop by gynae cause of cramps and spotting. But i have difficulty stopping my girl from wanting to latch, so my gynae gave some meds to help relax the uterus also

5y ago

not wise decision as it may affect the kid independence and prevent from exploring the surrounding world.

Hi! As long as your pregnancy is not risky, you can continue breastfeeding. Still best to consult your OB though.

Best to consult with gynea. Most will suggest to stop

better kosultation with your dokter