Swelling during pregnancy

Im about 30 weeks pregnant, so far no signs of swelling. Is it possible to not have any swelling? Since around mid week, mummies will see swelling..

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi... All women get some swelling in their ankles but a little bit depends on factors within and out of their control, Swelling, is normal in pregnancy, as the fluid in the body increases to support circulation and pump blood to the growing uterus. The amount of protein in a woman’s blood and how much time she spends on her feet during the day are major contributing factors to swelling , and that extra fluid follows the laws of gravity — it tends to go to areas that are lowest, like feet and ankles. Swelling tends to increase as a woman’s uterus grows and is most noticeable in the third trimester. Read this article for more information https://sg.theasianparent.com/pregnancy-concerns-swollen-feet

Read more

I didn't swell too. I think it's just how your body hold water and the crazy food cravings - note: high sodium food like potato chips and preserved canned food may cause water imbalance and inturn swelling.

Yes. I'm quite lucky. Throughout my pregnancy other than my boobs swelling i didnt swell anywhere else nor have any water retention. However my feet size increased by 1 size

Yes it’s totally possible not to have any swelling and you should be thankful for it!😀 sometimes swelling can happen after delivery too..,

Super Mum

I wld consider that I did not swell during my pregnancy, only a tiny wee bit on my ankle at my 39th week. But that’s also not obvious.

TapFluencer

It seems that you are one blessed mommy who do not suffer from swelling. Enjoy the ride ... baby’s coming soon

VIP Member

It’s normal. Every individual is different. I did not experience for both my pregnancies so far.

No everyone will experience swelling in their legs during pregnancy. So not to worry.

Swelling may happen at last 3 weeks, there are also pregnancies with minimal swelling

Super Mum

I have no swelling at all during my pregnancy. Don't worry. You are fine, mama! :)