9 weeks only gestational sac and no baby seen yet.

Hi i'm 9 weeks already but doctor only seen gestational sac and no baby seen. What must I do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had experience this before. Supposedly 9w according to implantation, but when i come for scan, they found nothing! As if i’m not pregnant at all, so they ask me do hcg blood test & must repeat in 2 days if the results doubled means pregnant, if decreased means miscarriage & if go up slowly not even doubled means ectopic! 2days later it turns out doubled, but still cannot see anything but a yolk dot smaller thn 5cents coins, they concluded it’s early pregnancy so instead of 9w i was only 5w, it happened when we ovulating late or something! Why not ask for blood hcg test?

Read more
2y ago

Did you manage to give birth to a healthy baby? and at which week they saw a baby then? thank you.

I am at 10weeks and can’t find baby’s heartbeat and measurements say only like 6weeks. Have another appointment next 10days later to confirm baby’s development and discuss for next treatment. Be strong both to you and me. We need to manage our emotions and expectations.

2y ago

I wish you and your baby is fine and also I am schedule to go to fetal care centre for more detailed scan and then go back for consultation to my doctor after the scan to see what's the result and for next treatment. Am praying hard. Hope miracle happens too.

VIP Member

What did the doctor say? How big was the sac? Usually they wait till it’s 25mm to take a call, or the 10 week scan.

2y ago

Hi there thanks for your kind, I saw the gestational sac it was 17.5mm today. Previous scanning i saw yolk sac and after 2 weeks today the yolk sac was like blurry. So I requested the doctor to wait another 2 weeks and take blood test HCG too. Am hoping all is fine. I am sad too.