Will symptoms get worst?

Hello, I’m 5 weeks pregnant and I feel like my symptoms is too much for me to handle. I keep feeling fatigue and always want to sleep and it’s affecting me and my work. I keep feeling nauseous and I have no appetite. I really feel sad and angry with myself. Any advice?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started to get symptoms from week 6 onwards and it was at its worst at around mid of week8.. I was nauseous all the time and I feel like I couldn't function properly. lost a couple of kgs and I literally puked yellow gastric juice in the morning and it felt horrible. Weekdays was really hard to get by and weekends was mostly spent at home. I did visit my gynae to get anti nausea pills (was told to take 2 tabs before bedtime) and while it did not helped me totally, it did make me sleep better at night and nausea seems to be slightly more manageable in the next day morning. Try to eat small meals and whatever that you feel like eating at this stage.. at least you get something down.. bring plastic bags and sweets/snacks with you and try to take it easy.. if you need help at work, perhaps u can tell your boss and closer colleagues so that they can understand your situation. For me, the symptoms got better from week 13 onwards and the nausea went off completely from week 17 onwards.. hang in there babe! jiayou!

Read more

Symptoms get worse around week 9 - week 10. If you keep feeling nauseous, you can ask your gynae for diclectin. But the downside is this medication makes you drowsy and you will not be able to work.