Baby smaller than gestational age

I’m at 31 weeks now but baby’s AC is measuring at 28 weeks. HC is normal though. Anyone experience the same before? FTM here.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I encountered similar situation when I was at week 26. Was told that the baby's AC is below 3rd percentile. Was so worried that I cried. I am with KKH btw, and the Gynae informed that this has got nothing to do with what I eat / ate, etc. They just arranged for me to go for doppler scan a week later to check if there is / are any blood flow or nutrients restrictions to the baby and thereafter, to scan the baby's growth again another week later. They will monitor you closely actually by arranging scans weekly / twice a week. I started to eat a lot (healthy food and also durian lol) before the doppler scan and the growth scan. Went for those scans and blood flow all good and AC did increase (: Hope all is good for upcoming scans and hope all is good for yours too!

Read more

Hi. Any updates on your baby after w31? I’m experiencing the same. HC and the weight is on track but when I googled- AC is measuring small. Is there any cause for concern?

6mo ago

How much smaller is yours? I was at 32 weeks 5 days when doc told me my AC registering one week smaller. Asked to drink more water

What did the gynae say ? As they should advise accordingly