28 Weeks Scan

Anyone facing the same issue? I've been very worried cos I realised my baby's hc (head circumference) is measuring on the higher side at 70th percentile but the femur is on the lower side at 10th percentile. However my gynae doesn't seem to be worried at all. I was just told to come back for a re scan at 33 weeks. Should I be concerned? (previously, my 1st child also had a short femur measuring less than 5th percentile, but I wasn't that concerned then as there doesn't seem to be a high difference in percentile between the hc and femur length)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hello mummy. My baby had a big head as well. My gynae told me to lay off the sugar as every visit , the scan showed +2weeks. In the end he was 3.4kg. if u ask pregnant me, I would say that would be too big. But honestly, got bigger babies nowadays. So just watch your diet.

Hi can I know how’s your first born doing now? Because recently I had a 20 weeks scan and it show that my baby femur bone measuring less then 5th percentile.

2y ago

Hi, both my kids are doing well now. My first born has always been on the smaller side since birth at around 10-25th percentile (I'm small-sized too, so probably it's juz in the genes). As for my second, currently at 1 year old, she is at 50th percentile for all. At birth, she is also normal. So what i can say is that the scans is juz a gauge. Not to worry so much, as a tiny little difference in measurement can mean a big difference in percentile. Do check with your gynae if u have any concerns. Hope my answer helps u. 😊