I'm 29 weeks pregnant and just did my Glucose tolerance test. Turns out I got 8.7, which is higher than the average score (diabetic is 11). what scores did u guys get? Did it turn into GD?

194 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry too much. Based in Singapore, I was also tested positive in my OGTT in week 24. Then I have to monitor my sugar blood 7times a day, twice a week. I did my check last Tue and showed the record of last one month to doctor. The doctor didn't say anything. Seems the numbers are good as my highest is 7.9 after 2hours of meal and lowest 4.0 before taking food. I also noticed the standard varies in different countries. Singapore is more strict as the sugar level of pregnant women should be 4.4-5.5 before meal and 5.5-6.6 after meal, while in China, the level for pregnant women below 8.5 is considered normal. So don't worry too much as the sugar level Will return to normal after delivering the baby. While what we meet to pay attention is that since we are prescribed as DGM during pregnancy, we have 70% more chance of getting type II diabetes in later life. We need to continue monitor our sugar blood and keep healthy diet even after giving birth. One friend of mine didn't pay much attention even though she monitored quite well during her pregnancy. Now she turned to type II diabetes just one year after she delivered.

Read more
3y ago

but no history will still get?

i went for my glucose test as early as 15weeks as i am carrying twins and my sugar was already high past 11 points. it has been 2months now and i had been taking insulin daily on every meals(7-8units) and monitoring it till birth.. glad now my sugar is below 6 and below 7 during cheats and cravings days. i still have to monitor as 3rd trim is coming soon, doc predict the sugar lvl might shoot up again and i need a new dose then. my advice is just go ahead with the insulin as advised, its for ur own good and the baby. i do envy mommies that can eat as much as they want and fulfill their cravings.. unfortunately for me, i think all my cravings had ran away or disappeared as i am kinda trained to keep my diet checked.. for my twins sake..

Read more
3y ago

it will babe. i have never stop drinking it till now. depends on ur body, prolly fast reaction after drinking it or might be slow but confirm be way better after few times of drinking it or after days.. dont give up. hey its good that its hydrating and encouraging u to drink more plain water than other drinks.. all the best!

It is actually very common to get higher reading due to our placenta. Almost all of them impair the action of insulin in your cells, raising your blood sugar. ... As your baby grows, the placenta produces more and more insulin-counteracting hormones. In gestational diabetes, the placental hormones provoke a rise in blood sugar to a level that can affect the growth and welfare of your baby." Taken from Mayoclinic.com I was tested to have higher blood sugar level.. first pregnancy I got 8. But was ask to retest and was normal. Now 2nd pregnancy, I got 8.1. Going for re-test on Thursday after I control diet for a week. I hope it will pass.

Read more

My nurse noticed that I'm gaining weight avg 2 to 3kg per month by wk 26 so I had to do my glucose test and after a week by God grace my result turned to be negative for GD.. now m at wk29 my weight gain reduce 500g for a month. I would suggest that it's a matter of how we control and manage our food intake... for eg I was on full vegetarian for nearly 2weeks before taking the glucose test and totally stop taking any sugary drink or carbonated drinks.. but I was taking organic pure lemon juice to energised my body... so you can also try it out.

Read more

fasting-50 mg/dL 1st 1hr-10.1 2nd 1hr-10 bakit ganun nangyare nagka GDM ako dahil daw sa mabagal ang panunaw ko hnd dahil mataas ang sugar ko kc nga po naka keto diet ako kya expect na mababa sugar ko. tingin ko nag spike yong insuline ko sa biglang pagtake ng glucose juice gnun kc sa keto once hnd ka kumakain ng matatamis bgo sabay nag cheat ka biglang mgspike ang insulin mo. kaya monitor ako ngayon ng sugar ko 2x a week so far oky nman ang result normal kaya d ko na need ng kung ano pa for my GDM

Read more
3y ago

Same here ng keto diet ako before ako ma pregant then mag 8 months n ko still nka 50% keto p rin ako i avoid sugar and rice so far ok naman binawi ko sa protein and veggies.

I am also 29 weeks and likewise having my sugar tested everyday (before, it was 4 times a day. Now, I was testing twice a day nalang. Every 2 hours after meal) using glucometer as advised by my OB. My OB said my blood sugar is high and that I have to do some diet and that is why I am monitoring my blood sugar level everyday. 😔 I got worried, because they said that the normal blood sugar level 2 hours after meal should not exceed 120mg/dl but mine sometimes exceeds to 130😔

Read more
4y ago

Same here dey say my sugar is too high so i have to get my BS everyday before meal but every test i got 60-70 result.

I got my result yesterday and tested positive for GDM :( I am honestly super worried since yesterday. Kala ko nalagpasan ko na fear sa blood and injection during OGTT. I was referred to endocrinologist and to a nutritionist. Need to monitor sugar 3x a day :( and then doctor will decide if after the diet need mag insulin. 2 days na akong naiiyak and stressed kahit bawal tayo malungkot. Hindi rin masyado maintindihan ng husband ang fear ko of blood and needles. 😅😞

Read more
4y ago

Hello, pls see the endo as soon as you can. I was already given a meal plan pero trial and error pa rin what food makes my sugar high. I am already doing the 3x a day blood sugar testing c/o my husband kasi di ko kaya talaga. Good luck and God bless din sa’yo. Sana ok na tayo soon!

When i was 25 weeks, i did my Glucose Tolerance test. I got 8.0. In Malaysia, pregnant mummy should be below 7.8. So, Doctor gave me 2 weeks to control my sugar and carbs but my results turns out 7.8 - before sleep. So Doctor started gave me Metformin, twice per day, i took after breakfast and after dinner. So far everything is good until now. Baby kick normally. Hope for the best for all mummies.

Read more

Before my BLoodSugar is 148 high...but then i try to..balance the food i eat...like .less rice and dont eat sweets and drink coke or juice ..just like that...the normal..Bloodsugar .according to my obgyne is ..70/100..so my bloodsugar from 148 ..to 107 ..so i continue to maintain my balance diet...for the sake of the baby...😊😊if you like to put some sugar on ..your food..i suggest to buy a sugar for..diabetic like..equal sugar..😊😊

Read more
4y ago

Pwde nman kumain...ng mayamis wag lng sobra..sis..,pangalawa kc yung sakin..msyadong ...mataas sis kya...,iniwasanq tpga kmlumain ng mdming rice at sweets

I am diabetic too 😝 have to prick your fingers 7x a day twice a week. The issue is that it causes baby to be bigger as the sugar stays longer in mami’s body. It (can) cause early labour and may have to go through csect bcos of it 😩 but let’s not be negative! Hehe. It’s our hormones fluctuate in our body. I was advised to eat more veggies and proteins and less carbohydrates! Weee don’t worry mami we got this! 😅😘

Read more
4y ago

11.7 at 2nd hour.. 😩😩I haven't seen my endo yet.. bawas muna rice & sweets..