I'm 29 weeks pregnant and just did my Glucose tolerance test. Turns out I got 8.7, which is higher than the average score (diabetic is 11). what scores did u guys get? Did it turn into GD?

194 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i went for my glucose test as early as 15weeks as i am carrying twins and my sugar was already high past 11 points. it has been 2months now and i had been taking insulin daily on every meals(7-8units) and monitoring it till birth.. glad now my sugar is below 6 and below 7 during cheats and cravings days. i still have to monitor as 3rd trim is coming soon, doc predict the sugar lvl might shoot up again and i need a new dose then. my advice is just go ahead with the insulin as advised, its for ur own good and the baby. i do envy mommies that can eat as much as they want and fulfill their cravings.. unfortunately for me, i think all my cravings had ran away or disappeared as i am kinda trained to keep my diet checked.. for my twins sake..

Read more
3y ago

it will babe. i have never stop drinking it till now. depends on ur body, prolly fast reaction after drinking it or might be slow but confirm be way better after few times of drinking it or after days.. dont give up. hey its good that its hydrating and encouraging u to drink more plain water than other drinks.. all the best!