3 Replies

Experiencing a weird metallic taste in your mouth during pregnancy can indeed be frustrating. This condition, known as dysgeusia, is common during pregnancy due to hormonal changes. To help alleviate this discomfort, consider trying the following solutions: 1. **Stay Hydrated:** Drinking plenty of water throughout the day can help reduce the metallic taste in your mouth. 2. **Increase Intake of Citrus Fruits:** Citrus fruits like oranges or lemon water can help mask the taste and provide a refreshing flavor. 3. **Freshen Your Breath:** Chewing sugar-free gum or using a mint-flavored mouthwash may help mask the metallic taste. 4. **Maintain Good Oral Hygiene:** Brushing your teeth regularly and using a tongue scraper can help reduce the metallic taste. 5. **Try Different Flavors:** Experiment with different foods and flavors to find what works best for you in counteracting the metallic taste. 6. **Consult Your Doctor:** If the metallic taste persists or becomes unbearable, it's always best to consult your healthcare provider for further advice. Remember, every pregnancy is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. Stay patient and continue exploring different remedies until you find relief. Best wishes for a healthy and smooth pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Are u taking any iron pills now? I have this metallic taste too after eating iron pills. In my first trim (when I wasn’t on iron pills), my taste bud changed too but it was more of bitter taste. It went away eventually after first trim

TapFluencer

had fruits e.g. berries to alleviate the odd taste in my mouth

Trending Questions