Pineapple juice cause miscarriage?

I’m 17weeks now was craving pineapple so had a cup of pineapple juice. Am regretting it now. Husband was soooo angry when he found out I drank pineapple juice. Will my baby be safe? Anyone drank a cup of pineapple juice and manage to keep the baby??

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

although it's safer to avoid, small quantities shouldn't cause any harm to the baby. since u have already taken it, there's point in stressing over it and u shouldn't blame urself. don't cause urself undue stress - the stress is what is probably more unhealthy. if u are worried, give ur gynae a call or drop by the gynae's office to do a quick check :) just remember not to be so hard on urself. it's tough enough being a pregnant woman.

Read more

It’s a myth. My granny used to crave pineapples and ate quite a few pineapples when she had my dad. My dad is healthier than anyone of us.. I ate pineapples when I had my first.. she’s perfectly healthy. Just make sure u don’t overeat and diarrhoea

Dont eat pineapple go to any website n the fruit they advice against is pineapple and papaya. Since you accidently eat already that nevermind but always play safe in your pregnancy just because someone else wasnt effected doesnt mean it okay.

VIP Member

Just wait for symptoms or call ur gynae if have doubt .. better to avoid some fruits in early pregnancy.. for the sake .. take care don’t think too much until it confirmed .. sometimes stress makes worst ..

You’ll be fine. My first trimester I could barely eat and my husband bought rojak for me. I ate the pineapples multiple times and dr said baby is healthy.

It’s completely fine. Everything in moderation is ok. N no eating pineapple is a myth! U only have to avoid the core

VIP Member

pregnant woman cannot drink pineapple juice, mom. 1st semester is very crucial. u should see obgyn to make sure the baby is okay.

My gynae asked me to eat fruits that start with P to ease constipation, he even mentioned pineapple.

It’s a myth. It’s okay to consume in moderation.

Don't worry too much if your intake is small!