Vomiting after meal

If my wife vomitted after having a meal at week16 , what can the husband help to do ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It feels super helpless when the wife is vomiting. My wife has been vomiting every day since week 7. A few days even 20 times in 1 day. Hyperremesis Gravidarum. So can’t help much. Lost 7 kgs in 3 weeks. Hospitalised 3 times between week 8-11. I’ve been trying to help but seems like nothing much I can do apart from standing with her when she is vomiting. Holding her head so her head won’t hit the sink from the force of vomiting. Hold her hair back so she doesn’t have to worry about it. And gently rub her back down so it can help reduce the vomiting force inside (rub top to bottom - not both up and down). This makes the vomiting process slightly easy and also makes her feel supported. Nothing much can be done apart from just being there for her and giving her food/water etc that she can take. In my wife’s case most things cannot eat. No fruits, no sweet stuff. For a short while even rice was a problem. But hopefully will get better soon. Hang in there daddy

Read more

Let her have smaller meals but shorter intervals, can try sipping on 100 plus/ lemon water. Go light on the meals (less salt/less spicy/less oil) for the time being till she feels better.