Snack after post meal for Glucose testing

Hi mummies who are doing Glucose testing at home, can I check if in between meals (eg 2hours after lunch at 3pm and has done post meal pricking), then after which at around 4pm or 5pm feel hungry can we eat snacks? And if we do snacks eg 5pm, normally dinner pricking at pre meal at 6pm for dinner is the timing? If gt snack in between b4 post meal and before next pre meal timing must be how long apart? In my above case, 5pm i snack, 6pm I do pre dinner testing is that OK? Or do I need to wait 2hours till 7pm b4 I can have my pre dinner testing?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

yeah. just eat as per you need to eat.and record down what you have eaten to show your Dr or dietitian. then you will also know how is your eating patterns affecting your blood glucose and get more useful advice on how to manage

11mo ago

2 hour plus to test again should be ok. if you test 5 hours later it's considered fasting test already. well I've missed post meal test before but at least you test before your meal and 2 hours across your meals for a few days to see trending should be good enough. with your tracking the doctor can also better advice