Kkh private

Hi, if I'm currently a under kkh private, n if say got complications during delivery such as baby need to stay in NICU, is it possible to downgrade to subsidize rate after delivery? Thanks!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes case to case basic. I was in private hospital and transfer my baby to kkh due to complications so need to stay in NICU and special care for 1 month. By right no subsidy but we went to appeal and submit docs such as proof of income so as to downgrade and get the subsidy.

VIP Member

1 of u r citizen right? I was told on most scenarios i wouldn't be able to downgrade to subsidized class but then again my colleague managed to downgrade when she delivered her twins, due to medical emergency then. That's the gd part of staying in govt hospital.

Im currently under kkh subsidized and i had the same questions as you. They told me once you upgrade you basically cant 'downgrade' back. So personally for me im going via subsidized route until day of delivery, and will upgrade on the Day itself.

Super Mum

Hi there, That is not possible. You need to be a subsidised patient from the start in order to received subsidised rates for yourself and your baby. The only way to get subsidised rates is to get a referral from the polyclinic.

yes it's still possible. after delivery, if baby requires NICU stay it is still possible for us to downgrade ward class. not to worry.

3y ago

thanks ! :)

Unless before you are admitted you opt to downgrade already.

better to call kkh direct and check

No