Hello any ideas how you celebrate for your LO one year old party? Understand it's more of an adult thingy, but do share your ideas! Thanks so much

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends largely on how you want it, really. Some parents would choose to have big parties with dessert tables in function rooms, while others prefer a family day out or a simple celebration at home. I personally take giving back as one of the driving motivations in my life, and I was fortunate to have many help me along my pregnancy and parenthood journey as a teenage, single mum - without the help of others, I wouldn't have been able to survive that first year financially. What I did do is organize a buffet lunch under my void deck for needy families who had family members who were born in the same month as my son, but couldn't afford to do their own celebration. Everything eventually ended up being sponsored by others too - from the buffet, drinks, cake, goodie bags all the way to even arranging for Grab to transport some families over and back! It was more of a mass celebration than for my son, so we sang a Happy Birthday song together but each to our own family member's name instead of my son :) Whatever food was left, we packed them into containers for whoever that wanted to bring them home for the subsequent meals after. I also had some friends over after that and we had a cake (and leftovers from the buffet oops) with my family at home - well, my friends were as important to me as my family so I wanted to make sure they were there too! As for my personal wish as his mum, I did arrange for a birthday cake smash photoshoot which was done at my house - just to get some photos as a momento. Following on from that, we did and would be doing a photoshoot on/near his birthday just to have those photos to look back on!

Read more
VIP Member

We just did a dinner at home and with a cake to celebrate. I cooked and invited all relatives over.

I'm gg to bring my LO to Legoland during his 1st bday