5-6 weeks pregnant. How was your first gynae check up?

I just went for my first gynae check up. They did a scan and all they said was “ I can’t see baby yet. I can only see yolk sac”. The expression somehow left me thinking whether am I really pregnant? Coz they also kept saying “don’t know if the pregnancy will progress”. Gosh. Edit: it was the sonographer at KKH who said all these. Not the gynae. UPDATE 8/12: I just went for my scan yesterday and they saw the heartbeat and babies head. I’m at 8 weeks now. THANK GOD. phew.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

That was very rude of the doc. I believe he/she isn't your private gynec. If it is then I suggest you to change your gynec. At 5-6 weeks since it's too early it's difficult to see clearly. I couldn't see mine too at 5 weeks. It was just a flickering image. I was asked to come for another scan in 2 weeks and I could clearly see then. I got referral from polyclinic and went KKH. Since you are in early stage finalize on a hospital and get recommendations on good gynec. Do remember to take your folic acid tablets. Do not wait until any further confirmation. There is no side effects at the same time it helpful for baby's neuro and spine development.

Read more
3y ago

It was actually the sonographer who said that. And I wouldn’t wanna deliver anywhere else except for KKH honestly since I’m diabetic. My experience with the first baby was great. I just hope this is a one time off with that sonographer.