5-6 weeks pregnant. How was your first gynae check up?

I just went for my first gynae check up. They did a scan and all they said was “ I can’t see baby yet. I can only see yolk sac”. The expression somehow left me thinking whether am I really pregnant? Coz they also kept saying “don’t know if the pregnancy will progress”. Gosh. Edit: it was the sonographer at KKH who said all these. Not the gynae. UPDATE 8/12: I just went for my scan yesterday and they saw the heartbeat and babies head. I’m at 8 weeks now. THANK GOD. phew.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may want to reconsider your gynae if their words don't make you feel comfortable? The vibes must be right :) When I called up a few clinics at Week 5/6, the receptionists generally advised to make the first visit at Week 8, so I did just that, and was able to get a good tummy ultrasound scan. You'll get a good progress update during your next visit in a couple of weeks, don't worry!

Read more
3y ago

Well to be honest, I don’t have much of a choice. I’m at KKH and it wasn’t the gynae who said that, it was the sonographer who did the scan. But everyone else kept saying it’s too early to say anything. I have an appointment in the coming weeks to see the progress of the little yolk sac. But it is honestly indeed scary to even think about no progress.