What to eat to keep placenta to produce more amniotic fluid

I went for checkup and gyne mentioned that the amniotic fluid getting lower. May I know is that any method to produce more fluid? Kindly advice. Thank you

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My doctor says I had very very good levels, lots of amniotic fluid, tho my baby is larger than usual and I am a petite mum. I drink lots of plain water (ard 1.5l a day), other than that, I also drink other additional drinks like coconut water, and sometimes tea and fruit juice. I drink bbt (0% sugar) quite frequently. I ate very little salty foods (rather I love sweet foods) and I ate lots of icecream, fruits and stuff with high water content. For example I love acais, buy them at least once every week. Crave icecream and I eat it very frequently. I ate lots of fruits - apples, oranges, grapes, honey dew, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, lychee, rambutans, sometimes once in a while watermelon even. I also ate salads (many mummies are shocked because I ate raw vegetables) most of the time like cucumbers tomatoes and lettuces. Practically ate subways every 2-3 days. Prolly my diet very high in water content that's why.

Read more
8mo ago

Whoa, that's healthy lifestyle as I am not a veg/fruit lover. It's hard for me to maintain that everyday. Thanks for the suggestions too, appreciated it😊

I drink a lot of water n pee a lot, coz I’m constantly thirsty (no diabetes). Take ur daily intake of fluid , rest rest rest more

I drank water n had bed rest. My first pregnancy at one pt had low fluid which got me a mth’s hl 🫠🫠

8mo ago

Thank you for the suggestion🙏

I heard drinking coconut water helps. That’s what my cousin did.

8mo ago

Will try. Thank you for the suggestion🙏 Drink how many cup? Twice a week? Currently on 3rd trimester

it's not what you drink. drink plenty of water.

8mo ago

I do drink lots of water and sweat a lot too. Not sure if 'sweat' which affects low amniotic fluid🤔. So finding other remedies which can helps along with it too 😅

Heard eating watermelon is good for low fluid

8mo ago

Will try. Thank you for the suggestion🙏 Drink how many cup? Twice a week? Currently on 3rd trimester

fresh coconut water is the best.

8mo ago

Fresh coconut water is it those from fruit stall? Avoid Mr Coconut?