I was having a problem with latching at first, feeling pains on the nipples as I seem to have short nipples. But now, after using nipple shields, my baby girl can latch pretty ok. I guess it's because the shields are similar to the medela bottle teats that she suckle well and quick from during the times when I could not latch her at first. I still hope to latch her without the shields. At times when I tried to latch her without the shields, she would hesitate and reject, otherwise somehow I will lose the latch as I may feel somewhat painful or see that she is not suckling with her mouth wide enough (incorrect latch). What should I do? Another question, lately when I latch my baby, she seem to wet the towel that I put underneath my boobs. Very wet. I wonder if she is drinking the milk or much of the milk is wasted? Do mummies put towel underneath during latch? My lo is coming to 5 weeks. I still kind of struggle with latching. Had to hold on to the U-hold or C-hold throughout the latch so she could suckle well. Am thinking of starting to practise nursing with nursing cover so I can do so when I bring her out. Really wonder how to do so without the pillows and towels that I'm used to having when I nurse her on my bed.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to practise latching her as ofyen as possible. Latch on demand. If u latch properly, the towel shouldn't b wet. Please chk and not waste yr milk. Let baby get used to ur nipple instead of tje shield. Saying is easy but cos of yr baby, pls try. If i can, u can too! Be positive.

Read more