Side Effects of Steroid Jabs for Pre Term Labour

I was admitted to KKH at week 28 after having one episode of bleeding and random episodes of spotting before that. The doctors there gave me steroid jab just in case I have pre term labour. Today at week 32 I have spotting again and my own gynae in private practice has given me the steroid jab again. I read online about some long term negative side effects on neuro development of babies after taking the jabs. Can any mummy share with me their experience if their babies turned out fine after taking the jabs?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was admitted for almost 2 weeks & given the steroid jabs on both thighs within 24 hrs apart. I was already 4cm dilated at 34 weeks but gave birth at 36 weeks as her heart rate suddenly dropped. This was 12 yrs ago. My girl is well & healthy till today.

4y ago

No problem. Don't stress yourself. Just make sure your baby is above 2kg or he/she will have to stay in the nicu for a bit. My girl was only at 1kg + when I was told to put on more weight. Luckily she was born at 2.4kg and we both went home the next day