I wanna make a malunggay-based dinner. Any ideas? :)

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

In this type of weather, I suggest you cook tinola and substitute dahon ng sili with malunggay. "Suam" is also good, white corn and malunggay soup. It's so easy to cook, saute onion, ginger and garlic. Then put the corn in it. Add water and let it boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. If the corn is soft enough for you, you can start adding the malunggay leaves. Turn the stove off so that the leaves will not get overcooked. :)

Magbasa pa
8y ago

oh yeah.. I remember I used to eat this growing up.

My dad recently discovered that the grocery near our house sells a local brand of malunggay powder. It has natural materials from real malunggay leaves. Instead of the usual flour and breading, you can use it as a substitute for both when making fried meals. It is also a big yes to parents who are having a hard time making their children eat vegetables. Photo from google

Magbasa pa
Post reply image

I personally love this malunggay pesto recipe! Just blend garlic,basil, cashews, malunggay and other stuff you want in your pesto. Super easy and good for you :) There are also a lot more malunggay based recipes on this website. : https://ph.theasianparent.com/10-kid-friendly-malunggay-recipes/