(Urgent) Bleeding after transvaginal scan at 6th week preg

I visited my OBGYN for a scan (6w2d). The scan showed everything good, even saw heartbeat. After 1 hour on my way back, I experienced heavy flow of fresh blood with no cramp at all. And after this I am not experiencing any more flow or pain. I am very confused because I just saw the heartbeat and everything was good, so suddenly how could this happen. Could this be due to cervical irritation caused by the scan itself? Has anyone experienced this before? I feel perfectly normal (no period cramp kind feeling). Would really appreciate if anyone who faced this can reply soon. Thank you 🙏

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A little spotting is not uncommon, similar to after you have sex whilst pregnant. There’s a low level of risk if u do vaginal scan which my gynae also warned me of. But if it’s heavy flow of fresh blood, pls contact your gynae immediately and go A&E, for peace of mind

If it’s just spotting, it would be cervical irritation. But if it’s heavy flow, it’s not a good sign at all. I would go to the o&g emergency. When I miscarried, I had zero cramps too so cramping is not the only sign.

fresh blood is not a good thing during pregnancy. contact ur gynae or go to kkh immediately.

go o&g immediately.