6 Replies

It's depends. When the mucus plug dislodges from your cervix it doesn't necessarily mean that you're in labour. If this is your first baby, Labor may begin soon after the mucus plug is discharged or one to two weeks later. It could also be a sign that you're in early labour. Early labour, where you may feel mild contractions, tummy aches, cramps or backache, can last for hours or days. Usually you will need to prepare to deliver when it's accompanied with frequent contractions in regular interval or if your water bag burst.

When the mucus plug dislodges from the cervix it is a sign that things are moving along but it doesn't necessarily mean that you're in labour. For first time mommys, labour might not start for days or so after you lose the mucus plug. It could also be a sign that you're in early stages of labour where you may experience mild contractions, tummy aches, cramps etc First-time mommys should check with their doctors to be on the safe side. http://m.newkidscenter.com/Mucus-Plug.html

Does your mucus plug comes with blood? If yes your labor will kick start soon, probably within few days to 1 week. For me, once I saw the bloody show, I immediately feel strong contraction pain and head to hospital for delivery. If you are worried, you can take a picture of the mucus discharge and show it to gynae if it is indeed a mucus plug and gynae will also do a vaginal examination to see how many cm you have dilated to estimate how likely will your labor start.

For my experience I lost my mucus plug at about 11pm at night. We checked in to the hospital at 1am and I was 1cm dilated. It really depends among individuals when your labour starts. Like Evelyn mentioned, contractions would be the most accurate measure of whether you're about to give birth.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1742)

thanks