I just started work and my LO wakes up more to drink at night. It is so tiring. Any suggestions to help me?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your baby maybe a going through a growth spurt hence he is waking up to drink more frequent. This is normal. Try to increase his milk feed so that he feels full. There are 3 signs that your baby is going through a growth spurt: 1) Sleep more than usual 2) Gets hungrier 3) More crankier You can find out more about babies going through a growth spurt here: http://www.todaysparent.com/baby/signs-your-baby-going-through-a-growth-spurt/ Dont worry, you will get passed it. Hang on.

Read more

If your LO is 6 months old or above, you can try giving oats with milk as last feed. It can prolong night feeds. If you are comfortable, let LO cry a little, sometimes drinking at night becomes a habit for comfort and need not be for milk. If LO is younger than you might want to increase milk intake accordingly or get hub to help out.

Read more

I think u need to make sure lo is really full before u put lo to bed, u might wan to increase the amount that u feed lo before sleep to try ~not sure if u believe, but I notice when my lo sleep in air con he will sleep throughout the night but if he sleep with fan he will wake up once in the middle of the night~

Read more