Breastmilk

Hi mummies, wanted to check if u feed ur little ones with freshly expressed breast milk or those that were freeze earlier? Currently I’m expressing and feeding on the same day, if there are excess will freeze them. Though frozen breast milk can be stored for up to 6months, but I’m just wondering if I should constantly be clearing the older stash of breast milk, then freeze “fresher” breast milk instead.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feed fresh bm, then freeze balance for the day. When my supply is lower or when I’m intending to stop, I will use the freezer one first then freeze fresh ones to clear the older milk. If it’s a standalone chest freezer, can be kept up to 1 year.

This is what I intend to do as well. Use the fresh BM stored in fridge, and if got excess, freeze. Stock take every now and then to refresh the stock in the freezer and replace with newer BM

My friend and sister recommended we need to mix it. Otherwise baby will not want to drink milk from the freezer. My friend said baby can recognised the difference.

No harm doing so if you have a stable supply