Can i eat abit of potatoes chips (jack and jil) during 1st trimester? have been craving for it badly

I read online that potatoes chip is bad to eat during pregnant

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I totally understand those cravings for potato chips, they can be so irresistible, right? When it comes to eating potato chips during the first trimester, it's important to enjoy them in moderation. While they may not be the healthiest snack choice due to their high fat and salt content, having a small amount every now and then should be fine. To satisfy your craving without overdoing it, you can try portioning out a small serving of potato chips and pairing it with healthier options like fruits or vegetables. This way, you can still enjoy your favorite snack while getting some extra nutrients. It's also a good idea to opt for baked or low-sodium potato chips when possible. However, if you have any concerns or medical conditions that may affect your diet, it's best to consult with your healthcare provider before indulging in potato chips or any other specific foods. They can provide personalized advice based on your individual health needs. Remember, pregnancy cravings are totally normal, and it's okay to treat yourself every now and then. Just be mindful of your overall diet and try to make balanced choices whenever you can. Enjoy your pregnancy journey and those occasional potato chip indulgences! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

just eat what you're craving for. it's good that you've appetite during 1st trimester as some other mum having nausea instead. Don't be over worry about it as long as you're happy! :D

you definitely can. I think you shouldn't limit yourself especially during the first trimester. do what u need to get thru it. imo it's the toughest trimester

Yes just eat! Of course it shouldn’t replace your main meals and too much can cause more water retention. But occasional snacking is fine!:)

Chips are fine, just eat in moderation i suppose. I'm at week 11 and i just had like 1 big bag of truffle chips yesterday over a movie at home 😅

Haha! Potato chips are bad even for a non preggy. But I guess eating in moderation is fine. Just watch out for the salt/sodium intake

I had potato chips every day as I was very into fried potatoes during first trimester and it was all I wanna eat.

I had a lot of chips in my 2nd pregnancy (alot of craving for it). Baby born healthy :) 3 mths old soon!

just eat. Once your nausea kicks in, u wouldnt have appetite for anything

I went to find baked chips alternative