2yo LO caught covid, day 2

i am planning to send my daughter to kkh a&e as she has not been eating and drinking her usual, not even 20% from her usual. what do i bring along, other than her BC , health booklet and CDA card?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No, I wouldn't advice going KKH neither. My 2yo LO also caught covid last week. she didn't eat or drink as much and slept most of the days and had very high fever. But I didn't send her to the hospital as the waiting time is super long! Just continue to offer milk and maybe snacks just to fill their tummies! Give them medicine when needed and just be there and cuddle with them as much as possible! (With mask if not infected) I got covid at the same time too so I was isolating with my 5yo and 2yo. So stay strong for your LO! You can go through this 💪 But please do proceed to the hospital if you LO is having trouble breathing or showing any concerning signs of distress! Stay safe! Ps: 7 Days later my girls are covid free!

Read more
2y ago

hi mummy! hope everyone is better now !! i did send her to a&e as it has been more than 24hrs since she drank and eat anything, but still passing motion without pee. quite worried as i am also a nurse once. she's currently warded now and on drip since 4am :(

Super Mum

I wouldn’t advise going to KKH a&e unless it’s very serious and require admission. Apparently the wait is crazy long and medical staff is over stretched. Is your daughter still alert and active? If she is, continue to offer food and fluids. Give her things she like to eat. If you still want to bring her to KKH, just bring her BC and CDA should be sufficient

Read more
2y ago

been observing her since last night. less than 150mls of milk total from last night till tonight (her usual milk intake is 180mls per feed/3 times a day) and she doesnt want to eat anything, even i bopian offered her candy. she isnt active too, has been lying down since last night and doesnt want to walk even. i had to carry her when she feels like moving :( im at lost.daddy told me to observe her 1 more night tonight :(