Do FTS & NIPT or just NIPT?

I am planning to do both fts and nipt, but I am wondering if there are other upcoming scans that can detect structural defects, besides the one offered in FTS? I am 12wks+.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

https://www.singhealth.com.sg/patient-care/conditions-treatments/down_syndrome Can read this for more info. I did both FTS and NIPT just for a better peace of mind. Take note that FTS can only be scanned between 11-14 weeks so if you only decide to do NIPT and the results come back inconclusive (which can happen due to insufficient baby DNA) by then might be too late to do FTS.

Read more
7mo ago

Ah I see. Thank you for the tip!

there are people who does both… becuase nipt doesn’t have structural scan .. i did both .. it cost so much cheaper in Govt hospital than just doing 1 nipt in private.. that’s why my 2nd pregnancy I did both at Govt hospital

I only did NIPT. There will be a detailed scan between week 18-22 to check for birth defects so I didnt see the need to do FTS. NIPT has higher accuracy than FTS.

Only did NIPT for both my first and now 2nd. Structural defects can be detected through a detailed scan at the 18-20 weeks.

I did both just to be safe since FTS scan for structural.. there’ll be another one around 20 weeks, more detailed