I am part of a mummy group on WA. And all the mummy do all day is talk about what new things they have bought or signed up their kids for. They talk about buying 2-3 breast pumps, high tea at various hotels, the best tula carriers to buy, sending their kids for swimming etc. I really feel my heart pain when I see what they can offer their kids and what I cannot. Any other mummy feel this way also?

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

dont be depressed with what ppl said, as individual have their own capability. im a single unwed mum and i always feel my LO is blessed enough to have me alone , even if he is without a father. what i can afford is good enough for him , better then nothing. no need to compare, if the whatsapp group is always comparing things and what they able to afford, better to leave as it will be unhealthy for LO when growth too.

Read more

I think it really depends on the culture within the WA group. I joined a few groups and some group are like wat u said belongs to the more atas category while others are more down to earth talking about places to buy cheap milk powder, diapers or where got free trial baby class.. Just move around to associate with different WA group n you may find one that best suit u.

Read more
VIP Member

Always remember everyone is different & do not blindly pursue things that are not what you like or can afford. it's ok to leave the WA mummy group if you are uncomfortable as not everyone has the same interest in life. I'm sure you still have other mummy friends who share the same interest in life. Choose friends by quality not quantity

Read more

Don't compare coz once you start comparing your life will not be easy as you will also want to do the same as what the other mummies doing.. It will be super stress for you.. Everyone lifestyle and financially is different.. Is either you ignore the chat or you wanna leave the group.. Than you will feel at least better..

Read more

Different groups have different norms. WA sharing may be an opportunity to knowing more products that we know if we believed they are good, and if possible we can offer to our kids. We wanted to help our kids to grow. Return to basic, it's the TLC we shower to our kids that matter most, regardless of family status.

Read more

Time is the best gift you can give ur child. We use or give whatever suits us n baby, and dont have to 'conform' to others or the latest trend. Take it easy and dont let such stuff add undue stress to your life. Enjoy ur time with ur child n child grow up happy n healthily is all it matters!

You cant compare. Yes if you have money of cos want to spend and pamper your lil one. But if you dont it doesnt matter. Its not necessities. Whats important is that you are able to provide shelter, clothes, foods and is able to let them sleep well. Others are just merely a want if you dont need it, no point.

Read more

Exit the group and don't let their talk get into your head. I myself am from a low income family, unemployed now and hubby just enlisted NS, so I keep myself away from groups who arranges high tea meetups etc. Better to count my blessings instead of comparing my plight to others

Dun feel bad mummy. we try to give our baby the best as we can. i'm a sahm and only hub working so i need to control on spending too. I always tell myself not wad others have we gonna have it too. they can afford but not us and as long as we give try our best is more den enough already.

Why compare others can and you can't. Today you drive bicycle, tomorrow you want driver car. Don't see what others have and you don't have. High tea I can drink at others place also, Tula carriers can sit how long, swimming anytime I can bring my kids and we can enjoy happily together.