I noticed that my breasts are sagging after giving birth and breastfeeding for 21 months. Is there anything I can do to firm it up?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is inevitable to see some changes in your breast once you are pregnant. According to this article (http://www.momjunction.com/articles/ways-to-prevent-breast-sagging-post-pregnancy_00121079/), a mother’s breast will start to sag once she is pregnant (and not because of breastfeeding per say). Factors such as the shape and size of the breasts (pre-pregnancy), percentage of fat in body, age, and smoking habits all play a part to the changes. When one is pregnant, her breasts become fuller and heavier, stretching the ligaments that support the breasts. This stretching is what that would cause the breast to sag post-pregnancy. Doing exercises targeted at the pectoral muscles may help. Examples would include push ups and some dumbbell exercises like arm curls, chest presses, and dumbbell flys. Yoga poses that focus on the upper body (e.g., Triangle Pose, the Cobra Pose, and the Standing Forward Bend) may be good too. I've also heard of regular breast massaging using olive oil as one of the methods. Not sure of the effectiveness but no harm trying I guess.

Read more

Push-ups are really great to firm up your breasts, post partum. Simple and convenient, start off by doing 5 to 10 push-ups daily, gradually increasing your daily routine to between 20 and 30 push-ups. If standard push-ups are too hard, try resting on your knees instead of extending your legs (girl's style push ups haha). Good luck mommy!

Read more
VIP Member

you can try push up bras or firming bust cream or you can try massaging your breast