Mother in law and brother in law

Hi! I need opinions! I just gave birth to my daughter and my husband invited his whole family to visit my baby. I was so uncomfortable cuz I’m still in pain and it’s been only 2 days I’ve been discharge from the hospital. I find it so rude that my brother in law asked for my MIL’s permission to carry my daughter instead of asking my permission. My MIL then carry my baby and pass her to my BIL. I was standing right there and couldn’t say anything. What do you ladies think? #monsterinlaws

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can I provide another perspective? Looking on the positive side, isn’t it great that your in-laws are happy and excited about the arrival of your daughter! As much as she’s your daughter, she is also your husband’s daughter, your MIL’s granddaughter and your BIL’s niece. I’m sure your husband is excited for his family to meet the little one too. To be honest, I’m not sure I can relate to the issue of asking for permission, because in my opinion, my child doesn’t belong to me.. and I believe my in-laws wouldn’t do anything to harm the child either. If you are feeling uncomfortable, perhaps you can rest in the room? They would probably understand if you don’t feel up to hosting. And let them enjoy the arrival of the baby, and trust that they and your husband will handle the baby with care and love.

Read more