I need a break but we can't afford a nanny or a baby-sitter. What can I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you just needed a short break, get your partner to take over for a few hours and enjoy some me-time. You will feel much better after that (even if it is just for a few hours). Or like what the rest have suggested, if your parents or in-laws are available, ask them to help babysit for awhile. It is very important that you get a break from your mummy duties. Take care mummy!

Read more

If it's just for a weekend or a few days, enlist the help of family or trusted close friends. I'm sure the grandparents or godparents of your baby will not mind taking baby off your hands while you and hubs get some well deserved break and alone time :) plus with people you trust, you're less likely to worry and can actually get some rest or have some fun.

Read more
VIP Member

Get those few hours nanny or baby sitter(their rates is not high too, and there is many helpful nice parents around to help look for free too), or if your parents or in-laws or friends can help look after baby, best. How old is your baby?

Try to have a break by getting help from your parent or parent in law. Even is only 2 to 3 hours, I think is good enought for you to refresh and recharge yourself.

Call a friend or a relative! They would for sure be more than willing to help you :)

Can u get ur parents or parents in law to help?