SGH/KKH Natural Labour

Hi all may i know if anyone had chosen to give birth via another position i.e. the hands and knee position or lying on the exercise ball or standing position when giving birth in SGH/KKH? As far as I am concerned, i am aware that lying down on the bed is the bad position for natural labour as it may not help baby to engage.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, While this is true, some doctors may not find it easy for them to deliver your baby while you’re in other positions as they would have to be aptly positioned to deliver baby as well. I suggest you discuss this preference with your gynae and let them know of your intent. You could then come to a comprimise where if baby is already crowning and on the way out, perhaps you could then lie on your back? Just managing expectations and providing some perspective of the reality that exists when birthing :) however I really really am happy to know that you are aware of the optimal positions for birth and labour! Well done strong mama!

Read more
3y ago

Dear Jamielene, thank you. I will communicate my birth plan to my gynae in my next visit. I have just attended antenatal course and learnt a lot about birthing options. Hope i can have a drug free fast labour and a fast recovery.