Birth Position

Are we allowed to do side-lying or on all fours to push the baby out? Cause I’ve heard stories that some hospitals doesn’t allow. Am under the subsidies class #labour

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I wanted to give birth on all fours at kkh. I asked the mid wife if its possible ( for subsidised patients). They discourage it as they said would not have enough nurses to hold you for safety reasons. probably if it's private route, might have a chance of doing it all fours. I was told only supine position or side lying position is possible. kind of a bummer for me. now I'm thinking of what would be best for my delivery soon. all the best to you!!!

Read more

It depends on midwife, gynae/on duty doctor. Never heard side lying birth position. But laying down or on all fours to push yes heard before. Perhaps you may discuss with on duty doctor on last appt and let them be aware. Once admitted, do let the nurse/on duty doctor and midwife know.

just asked doctor again today about giving birth on all fours. Doctor gave a straight no. 😅 but nonetheless, it's ok to just ask your gynae. who knows they allow it! all the best!

11mo ago

Thank you for sharing!